Object

Result 1 of 1





Record Image
Department Sites & Monuments Record
Name/Title Sites and Monument Record: Callendar House Doocot (SMR 13)
Brief Description A rectangular shaped doocot is shown on "Doocot" Park to the N of Callendar road opposite the avenue to the house on a plan of 1781. It was presumably demolished in the early 1840s when the main line railway to Falkirk Grahamston was constructed, to be replaced by the present doocot in the stables.
Site Type Site
doocot
Period Post-Medieval
Documentation Doocots in the Falkirk District.; Geoff Bailey; Falkirk Museums Callendar House Callendar Park, Falkirk; Archaeologist; 1991; Calatria
Queen Victoria's Visit to Falkirk in 1842. With a Note on the Avenue at Callendar House.; Geoff Bailey; Falkirk Museums Callendar House Callendar Park, Falkirk; Archaeologist; 1993; Calatria
Falkirk or Paradise! The Battle of Falkirk Muir 17th January 1746.; Geoff Bailey; Falkirk Museums Callendar House Callendar Park, Falkirk; Archaeologist; 1996
Documentation Notes Page 44.
Page 35.
Site Grid Ref NS 900 799
Site History Notes Doocot Park was the gathering point for the Jacobite army of occupation in January 1746.
  • Select this result