Person

Result 1 of 1





Name Falkirk Iron Co
Biographical Display Falkirk Iron Co was established in 1819 as a Joint Stock Company. The company had its origins in the Falkirk Foundry Co which was set up in 1810 by 'by some gentlemen of the area', employing former Carron Company workers as overseers. In 1830, R W Kennard became a co-partner and the company was re-named Ashwell & Kennard until 1849.
Falkirk Iron Company was incorporated in 1912 with the registration number SC008197, and went into liquidation in 1920. [Ref: GB234/BT2/8197] It was re-incorporated in 1920 with the registration number SC011294 adn the name Falkirk Iron Co Ltd. [Ref: GB234BT2/11294]

In 1929 the company became part of Allied Ironfounders. In 1963 the company was dissolved and the foundry became a department of Allied Ironfounders Ltd. Allied Ironfounders was taken over by Glynwed in 1969 and the foundry, Falkirk Iron Works, closed in 1981. H E Hoole & Co became a department of Falkirk Iron Co. Castlelaurie Iron Works was owned by Falkirk Iron Co. T

he Falkirk Iron Co cast stoves, kitchenware, engine parts, pillar-boxes, structural castings, gutters and rones. Inspection for Gas Cookers made at the above premises were sold at the local Gas Showroom , Glebe St, Falkirk. c1926.
  • Select this result