Rev James Aitchison in pulpit at Erskine Church

Maker
Thomas Easton
Production date
Circa 1907
Description
View from the balcony of the minister in his pulpit. There are rows of pews on either side of the pulpit and the communion table and baptismal font is in front of it. Behind the pulpit is the pipe organ and two stained glass windows. The church is lit by electric chandeliers.
See full details

Object Detail


Department
Production date
Circa 1907
Subject notes
Erskine congregation was formed in 1747 and erected the building in the photograph in 1905. By then it was a congregation of the United Free Church of Scotland (UF), formed in 1900 from groups that had left the Church of Scotland. 8850 7977
Accession number
P11725

Colours


Share