token; trade halfpenny (Dudhope Castle, Dundee)
Halfpenny trade token. One the obverse is Dudhope Castle and on the reverse a man working flax with two bales behind him. The bales are marked TR and DR for the Tay and Dundee Roperies.
Dudhope Castle was the home of John Graham of Claverhouse, who died at Killiecrankie. In 1792 the building was used as a mill but only lasted for a short time and was leased to the Crown as a barracks.
See full details