Grahamston Iron Co
Large cast iron grave marker for the Jones family, previously erected in St John's Churchyard, Camelon. It consists of three Gothic arched panels separated by Corinthian columns with acanthus leaves and set on a stepped plinth. The central arch is the largest and is surmounted by a cross with an anchor attached. It also has a young child/angel in an attitude of prayer. The equivalent panels to either side have winged souls.
The original was marked GRAHAMSTON/ FALKIRK on the bottom left - but this piece was removed during restoration!
See full details
(b) "1870/ SACRED/ TO/ THE MEMORY OF/ THOMAS JONES/ WHO DIED AT PORT DOWNIE/ 27TH FEBRUARY 1870/ AGED 56 YEARS/ AND/ AGNES DAVIDSON MONTGOMERY/ HIS WIFE/ WHO DIED AT PORT DOWNIE/ 25TH JUNE 1875/ AGED 73 YEARS."
(c) "SACRED/ TO/ THE MEMORY OF/ JAMES FORBES JONES/ WHO DIED AT LARBERT/ 16TH FEBRUARY 1876/ AGED 2 YEARS."
(d) "LARGE WAS HIS BOUNTY AND HIS SOUL SUNCERE/ HEAVEN DID A RECOMPENCE AS LARGELY SEND/ HE GAVE TO MIS'RY ALL WE HAD, A YEAR/ HE GAIN'D FROM HEAV'N, TWAS ALL/ HE WISH'D, A FRIEND."
Dimensions:0 - Whole:H 2m 75cm (H 9' 1/4")
Dimensions:0 - Whole:W 36cm (W 1' 2 3/16")