The 'Seiner' was built by Stephen of Macduff, Banffshire in 1932. She was a wooden boat with a registered length of 38.7 feet (12m) and powered by a Kelvin petrol motor. She was registered as P165 until 1945 when she became A594. In 1948 she was registered as PD387. In 1954 her owner is listed as John Buchan of Peterhead, working for the agent of Bloomfields. Sold to Buckie district in 1955. In July of that year her owners are listed as being Sutherland, Ross and Taylor of Findochty. In 1958 'Seiner' became 'Girl Catherine', SY152. In the same year the vessel was transferred to Castlebay, Barra, and became 'Star' CY187. She probably remained there for the next two decades because in 1977 her owner is listed as Mr Clelland of Castlebay. In 1981 she transferred to Mallaig where she was decommissioned at Mallaig in 1986. (Letter from the Scottish Fisheries Museum Trust Ltd, 01 Aug 2002).