No 6 Pit, Standburn

Maker
Donaldson
Production date
Circa 1925
Description
View showing the boiler house chimney, winding gear and pithead buildings.
See full details

Object Detail


Department
Maker
Production date
Circa 1925
Subject person
Subject notes
Standburn was built by the colliery owner. The miners rows had no toilets or running water. Communal ash cess pits and standpipes were provided. When the pit closed most of the village was demolished and the people flitted to Westquarter Model Village and Maddiston.
Accession number
P17347

Colours


Subject category


Share