Sites and Monument Record: Arnotdale Doocot (SMR 4)
The doocot was built shortly after the house in 1834, as is testified by the date on a sundial set below the blank window on the S. Two doors on the N side of a square base, and a small window in each of the W and E walls suggest that the ground floor was used as a garden shed. The upper floor is octagonal with blind arched windows in each side under a projecting cornice which carries the roof in a Greek Revival style. It is built of ashlar masonry placed upon a plain square string-course, whilst the masonry of the lower storey is of random rubble with dressed quoins. The roof is slated, ogee in form rising to a pointed spike which used to posses an iron trefoil finial. A small dormer in the roof, facing S towards the house, gives access for the birds. This is one of three which formerly crowned the gracefully curved pitched roof, each with two dove openings. The roof was re-slated in 1994.