Sites and Monument Record: Neuk House Doocot (SMR 40)
This doocot was an octagonal stone tower set in the centre of one side of the court of offices at the Neuk.
Being in the line of the roof it was only accessible
by a ladder placed against its door on the N side.
The walls were of ashlar sandstone, 18 ins thick. Six
sides of the doocot presented an oval recess. There
were two dove holes in the S side. Inside there were
272 nesting boxes reached by a potence ladder. The
house and the farm were built in 1812 by John
Alexander Higgins, both were demolished in the early