Sites and Monument Record: Carronshore Parish Church (SMR 129)
Built in 1883 this building was demolished c2006 for housing.
In 1883 the old Carronshore Public School was converted into a church building according to plans by A & W Black. Part of the old building was cleared away and new walls built. The building was aligned NW/SE parallel with the road, which soon become known as Church Street. The Gothic front of the church faced onto the road to the N with an entrance at the NW corner utilising one of the school's porches. This porch had a plain parapet over the Gothic arch and projected from the main block. The previous door was converted to a window. The large windows on the north facade were rectangular with returned hood mouldings. On the opposite end of the building to the porch a projection was added to provide some symmetry. It terminated in a high gable topped by a slightly corbelled belfry surmounted by an iron finial. A panel below the belfry bore the date 1882 on the face. The gable carried two large windows and an external egress. The roof was entirely renewed and an octagonal ventilator placed on the ridge. The finished building was 70 ft long by 24 ft wide with a height of 18.5 ft to the coved ceiling. It was lighted by 10 single and 2 double light windows.
In the 1970s a single storey flat-roofed extension was built on the south end to provide a new access and amenities.