Sites and Monument Record: Quarter House (SMR 410)
A small Georgian mansion a mile N of Dunipace. It consists of a rectangular block 59 ft 9 in by 29 ft 9 in aligned N-S, with a wing measuring 10ft 10in by 20ft 2in projecting from the centre of the E side. A courtyard adjoins the house on the E and contains the kitchen and offices, some of which are of a later date than the main block. The house is of two storeys, and the masonry is of harled rubble with dressed margins and quoins; the walls finish in a moulded eaves-course and the roof is hipped. The principal facade faces W and contains a Tuscan entrance porch which is centrally placed on the ground floor.
1776. Pedimented, Georgian. Illustrated in Inventory. White render with grey dressings.
See full details