Thornycroft motor bus.

Maker
Unknown
Production date
Circa 1927
Description
The driver and conductress pose in front of a new-looking Thornycroft bus belonging to the Venture company. The bus has a fixed roof, pneumatic tyres and electric headlamps. The destination board indicates it is bound for Airdrie. The bus was registered in Falkirk in 1927.
See full details

Object Detail


Department
Maker
Production date
Circa 1927
Subject notes
The Venture Bus Company was owned by Wilson, Marshall & Co of Avonbridge. By 1919 it owned 19 buses. It ran services between Falkirk and Airdrie and, from 1928, Falkirk to Bathgate. In March 1930 it was taken over by Alexanders' of Falkirk.
Accession number
P15611

Colours


Share