"The Gothic Works, Falkirk"

Maker
1. Main, R & A Ltd
2. Unknown
Production date
Circa 1913
Description
Taken from Souvenir pamphlet, Scottish Junior Gas Association (Eastern District) visit to Gothic Works, Falkirk (see A145.07)
See full details

Object Detail


Department
Production date
Circa 1913
Subject person
Subject notes
The offices sit on Glasgow Road on the southern boundary. The pattern shops are on the western boundary; the moulding shops occupy the north-west, with the cupolas beside the chimney; the dressing, grinding and fitting shops the north-east, and the enamelling shop the south-east.

The Gothic Works started production in 1900 on a ten acre site. It employed 250 in 1911. It specialised in heating and cooking appliances, especially those fuelled by gas.
Accession number
P14007

Colours


Subject category


Share