Marion's Well and horse-drawn cart

Maker
Unknown
Production date
Circa 1900
Description
A carter sits on a horse-drawn cart loaded with wooden crates. The cart belongs to Barrs, the aerated water manufacturer. Beside the horse is a circular wall and behind it a brae descends steeply to a two-storey house.
See full details

Object Detail


Department
Maker
Production date
Circa 1900
Subject person
Subject notes
Situated at foot of Cladden Brae near the lower end on East Bridge Street. Until 1886 Falkirk depended almost entirely on these wells for its water supply.
Subsequently, reservoirs were constructed and water piped into the town.
Accession number
P01123

Colours


Share