"Grangemouth Docks. Carron Dock"

Maker
Unknown
Production date
Pre May 1907
Description
View across the basin showing steamships and a two masted brigantine. On the dockside is a horse and cart. The swing bridge carrying the railway tracks across the dock entrance is open. 'CR' on the railway wagon indicates it belongs to the Caledonian Railway Co.Horse and waggon in foreground
See full details

Object Detail


Department
Maker
Production date
Pre May 1907
Subject person
Subject notes
The Carron Dock was constructed out of mainly reclaimed land. It was opened on 3 June 1882 by J C Bolton, MP for Stirlingshire and Chairman of the Caledonian Railway. It was a key company facility and Glasgow's main east coast port.FROM GRANGEMOUTH HARBOUR AND DOCKS(A10.142)
Accession number
P14427