Dunipace Old Parish Church

Maker
Unknown
Production date
Circa 1900
Description
View across the fields and the Dale Bridge over the River Carron to the church. Beyond it is a field backed by a wood, the policies (grounds) of Denovan House.
Album caption "Denovan Parish Church. Deal Bridge note ramp River Carron Re-directed 1915-20, Ramp then not needed. Posted 1905"
See full details

Object Detail


Department
Maker
Production date
Circa 1900
Subject person
Subject notes
The church was built in 1834 to replace the 16th century one in the old graveyard at the Hills of Dunipace. Each side shows three large pointed windows with Gothic tracery and hood-moulds, and buttresses between them. It has a square bell tower. The body of the church is 17.5 metres long and 12 metres wide.8204 8326
Accession number
P13184

Colours


Share