Stenhouse

Maker
Unknown
Production date
1918
Description
View of Stenhouse - a three and four-storey stone-built house with slate roof, crow-stepped gables, turrets and bay window on the ground floor. From "Stenhouse, June 1918"
See full details

Object Detail


Department
Maker
Production date
1918
Subject notes
The original tower house built by William Bruce of Stenhouse dated from 1622 and it was enlarged in 1698 and 1836. At one time the house overlooked Carron dams and the Ironworks. In the 20th century the house was converted into flats, but despite being made a listed building in 1961, it was demolished a few years later.
Accession number
P14219

Colours


Subject category


Share