South Alloa Ferry, Hope, at Bremner's Pier, North Alloa
The car ferry has a substantial mast and a tall thin funnel. It is boarded by a side ramp. The Admiralty type anchor is not stowed away suggesting it was in frequent use. A lorry is about to drive on to the ferry.
See full details
The lowest road bridge over the River Forth at this time was at Stirling. There was another car ferry between South and North Queensferry. The South Alloa ferry was replaced by the road bridge at Kincardine in 1936.