Kinneil Colliery in the snow

Maker
Unknown
Production date
Circa 1930
Description
View of miners' rows and to the west, the mine head. Rail lines run from the east to the mine head. In the background is the pit bing and beyond it the River Forth.
See full details

Object Detail


Department
Maker
Production date
Circa 1930
Subject person
Subject notes
The old Kinneil Colliery was known as the Furnace Yard Pit as the site was originally occupied by blast furnaces. The shaft was sunk in 1892. It was normal for housing to be this close to the workplace.
Accession number
P12484

Colours


Subject category


Share