Miners with Callendar Coal Co Ltd lorry

Maker
Unknown
Production date
Circa 1930
Description
Ten miners with driver stand by or sit on the lorry. One is wearing a protective apron and the others are in suits, waistcoats and caps. The lorry belongs to the Callendar Coal Company Limited.
See full details

Object Detail


Department
Maker
Production date
Circa 1930
Subject notes
The Callendar Coal Company mined coal near Glen Village. Some coal was sent by canal barge as late as the 1930s to the brick works at Winchburgh. The Company had up to 18 mines on estate land south and east of Falkirk, including South Bantaskine.

Allan, Robert (front row 2 from R); Hardie, Jimmy (front row 3 from L)
Accession number
P14986

Colours


Subject category


Share