"Grangemouth Docks. Discharging iron ore - Carron Dock"

Maker
Unknown
Production date
Pre May 1907
Description
View of three steamships at the quay. There is a crane alongside. Two further steamships are moored in the dock, one at a buoy. A square-rigged sailing ship can also be seen.
See full details

Object Detail


Department
Maker
Production date
Pre May 1907
Subject person
Subject notes
The Carron Dock was constructed out of mainly reclaimed land. It was opened on in 1882 by J C Bolton, MP for Stirlingshire and Chairman of the Caledonian Railway. It was a key Company facility and Glasgow's main east coast port.

FROM GRANGEMOUTH HARBOUR AND DOCKS(A10.142)
Accession number
P14436

Colours


Share