"Lint Rigs, Falkirk"

Maker
Unknown
Production date
Circa 1907
Description
View up Lint Riggs with the Newmarket Bar on the left and the Swan Inn facing. A boy holds the reins of a pony hitched to a light cart and there is another horse-drawn cart in front of the Swan Inn. Horse dung lies on the cobbles.
See full details

Object Detail


Department
Maker
Production date
Circa 1907
Subject person
Subject notes
Lint Riggs was originally a lane about 2.5 metres wide, just enough to allow horses and carts to squeeze through. The Town Council bought up the properties in the early 1900s, which had become dilapidated, and demolished them prior to widening the street. A G Taylor was the proprietor of Newmarket Bar at the time this picture was taken.
Accession number
P15578

Colours


Share