model; ship; "Beatrice"

Production date
1893
Description
Half model of the SS Princess Beatrice, 1893, built for Messrs M Langlands & Sons at Glasgow. Black and pink hull. This ship was acquired by the Carron Line in 1921 and renamed the Avon III. She regularly plied between Grangemouth and London for the Carron Line until 1928 when she was sold to P & W MacLellan for breaking at Bridgeness.
See full details

Object Detail


Department
Production date
1893
Signature & date
moulding:plaque:"S.S. "PRINCESS BEATRICE"/ DIMENSIONS 236 ft x 34 ft x 14ft/ GROSS TONNAGE 1146 TONS/ BUILT FOR/ MESSRS M. LANGLANDS & SONS./ BY DAVID & WILLIAM HENDERSON & CO./ GLASGOW. 1893"
Associated person
Accession number
1987-112-002

Colours


Subject Auto Tags


Share