Small stone sundial dated 1733 and bearing the initials JL. The gnomen is missing but sat on the shaft of a hammer, carved in relief below a crown. Although found at Carron House Lodge it is more probable that it was associated with Westerton which was temporarily in the hands of the Livingston family, and which was later incorporated in to the Carron House estate. Carron House itself was only built in the 1760s on the site of an earlier cottage.
See full details