Bo'ness Burgh Surveyor's records

Primary maker
Bo'ness Town Council. Burgh Surveyor
Production date
1875-1963
Description
Letter books, 1902-1914, account books, 1908-1920; Register of Dairies, Cowsheds and Milkshops, 1897-1923; plans, 1875-1950; annotated Ordnance Survey maps, 1897-1963; fit for occupation notices

Object Detail


Name/title notes
The Burgh Surveyor was generally responsible for sewers, roads and bridges, public works, lighting and related services and for ensuring that buildings within the Burgh were kept in good repair by their owners.

The post ceased to exist in 1975 when Bo'ness Town Council was abolished and the functions were transferred to Falkirk District Council
Level of current record
Sub-collection
Production date
1875-1963
Measurements
156 items
Archives finding aids
This catalogue entry provides a summary of the whole collection. Please use the search tools on the Collections Browser to look for information about individual items in this collection.

You can see catalogues of the items in this collection on our website. http://www.falkirkcommunitytrust.org/heritage/archives/finding-aids/boness.aspx
Restriction
Open - no restriction on access
Accession number
A58/F1

Share

Group record