Disc-shaped medallion with blue ribbon and suspension bar decorated in scroll pattern. The obverse reads "ROYAL CALEDONIAN CURLING CLUB/ INSTITUTED 25 JULY 1838/ DISTRICT MEDAL/ WON BY/ CASTLECARY/ CASTLE CLUB/ by 16 shots/ OVER FALKIRK IRONWORKS CLUB/ 6th Jany 1891./PRESENTED TO J.G.LEADBETTER/ REPRESENTATIVE MEMBER/ in token of respect. The reverse is split, the upper half showing a curling scene with 8 players. The lower contains the arms of Scotland surrounded by thistles.
Played on Larbert Loch/pond on 16 January 1891, by 2 rinks of 4 men a
side, for 3 hours on good ice. CCCC won by 43 shots to 27.
See full details