Falkirk Temperance Cafe Trust records

Primary maker
Falkirk Temperance Cafe Trust
Production date
1921-1991
Description
Minutes, accounts, correspondence and other records.The records were maintained by the Secretary/Treasurer and held in Falkirk Municipal Buildings until deposited in Falkirk Museums in 1994. The minutes of 1971-1983 are missing

Object Detail


Name/title notes
Falkirk Temperance Café Trust was established in 1921 following a bequest of James Aitken in 1914. The Trust ran a small Temperance Café in the Lint Riggs, Falkirk, until 1983 when the Café had to be closed as the Trust was in financial difficulties. Between 1983 and 1991 the Trust attempted to find other uses for the funds and applied to the Court of Session for a CY Pres scheme which was granted in 1991. The Trust was then re-named the Falkirk Temperance Trust and the funds made available to other organisations involved in dealing with alcohol or drug abuse.
The Trust appointed the Burgh Chamberlain of Falkirk as Treasurer and later as Secretary/Treasurer. After 1975 the Finance Director of Falkirk District Council was appointed Secretary/Treasurer.
Level of current record
Collection
Production date
1921-1991
Measurements
92 items (1m)
Archives finding aids
This catalogue entry provides a summary of the whole collection. Please use the search tools on the Collections Browser to look for information about individual items in this collection.

You can also see a catalogue of the items in this collection on our website. http://www.falkirkcommunitytrust.org/heritage/archives/finding-aids/organisations.aspx
Restriction
Open - no restriction on access
Accession number
A592

Share