Falkirk Iron Co records

Primary maker
Falkirk Iron Co
Production date
1875-1979
Description
Product catalogues, plans, letters, accounts, events programmes

Object Detail


Name/title notes
Falkirk Iron Co was established in 1819 as a Joint Stock Company although its origins date from 1810. In 1830, R W Kennard became a co-partner and the company was re-named Ashwell & Kennard until 1849. In 1929 the company became part of Allied Ironfounders, in 1961 the company was dissolved and the foundry became a department of Allied Ironfounders Ltd. Allied Ironfounders was taken over by Glynwed in 1969 and the foundry, Falkirk Iron Works, closed in 1981.
H E Hoole & Co became a department of Falkirk Iron Co. Castlelaurie Iron Works was owned by Falkirk Iron Co
Level of current record
Collection
Primary maker
Production date
1875-1979
Measurements
98 items (0.3m)
Archives finding aids
This catalogue entry provides a summary of the whole collection. Please use the search tools on the Collections Browser to look for information about individual items in this collection

You can also see a catalogue of the items in this collection on our website. http://www.falkirkcommunitytrust.org/heritage/archives/finding-aids/docs/business/Iron_foundries_and_iron_industries.pdf
Restriction
Open - no restriction on access
Accession number
A23

Share