P & W MacLellan Ltd records

Primary maker
MacLellan, P. & W. Ltd
Production date
Circa 1919-1976
Description
Articles, company magazines

Object Detail


Name/title notes
P & W MacLellan was established in 1839 by Peter and Walter MacLellan as ironmongers in Glasgow. The brothers purchased Clydesdale Foundry in 1865 and branched into teak importing, and steel and iron developments. The company was incorporated in 1890 as P & W MacLellan Ltd. The company took over the Forth Shipbreaking Yard, Bo'ness just after the First World War and sold the shipbreaking yard in the 1960s. In 1997, P & W MacLellan plc became Haden MacLellan Holdings plc and then Infant plc in 2000
Level of current record
Collection
Primary maker
Production date
Circa 1919-1976
Measurements
13 items (0.03m)
Archives finding aids
This catalogue entry provides a summary of the whole collection. Please use the search tools on the Collections Browser to look for information about individual items in this collection

You can also see a catalogue of the items in this collection on our website. http://www.falkirkcommunitytrust.org/heritage/archives/finding-aids/docs/business/Shipmakers%2c_shipping_industry_and_marine_engines.pdf
Restriction
Open - no restriction on access
Accession number
A10/F5

Share