Falkirk High Station

Maker
Tom Astbury
Production date
30 Apr 1979
Description
Covered section of the platform at Falkirk High Station, Falkirk, prior to demolition in May 1979.
See full details

Object Detail


Department
Maker
Production date
30 Apr 1979
Subject notes
The line opened in 1842 as a fast contour-hugging route between the cities. At that time the station was located well above the town in the countryside. Falkirk Grahamston, opened in 1850, was more convenient for the town centre. The building was replaced in May 1979 by a brick-built one.
Accession number
P05270

Colours


Subject category


Share