Kinneil Colliery, Bo'ness.

Maker
Tom Astbury
Production date
16 Jun 1979
Description
View of colliery showing the head gear and two dramatic ventilator extracts. Fife is in the distance.
See full details

Object Detail


Department
Maker
Production date
16 Jun 1979
Subject person
Subject notes
The first shaft of what was known as the Furnace Yard Pit was sunk in 1892. The colliery was re-developed in 1964, linking it to Valleyfield Colliery in Fife by a 5.5 km tunnel under the Forth. The mine was closed in 1983 and the site was cleared in the 1990s.
Accession number
P05437

Colours


Subject category


Share