New Grange Foundry, Links Road, Bo'ness

Maker
Tom Astbury
Production date
07 Aug 1979
Description
View of molten iron being drawn from the furnace into a ladle.
See full details

Object Detail


Department
Maker
Production date
07 Aug 1979
Subject notes
Ballantine started up in the1820s on its current site and became formally established in 1856. The company is still owned and run by the Ballantine family. By specialising, it has become one of the few surviving ironfounders of almost 100 in the area. The company provides original metalwork, restoration and refurbishment to existing metalwork worldwide. Its range of over 250,000 patterns includes fencing, monuments, post boxes, lamp posts, manhole covers and extensive ornamental structures.
Accession number
P06040

Colours


Subject Auto Tags


Share