Falkirk, Glenfuir Road.
Falkirk District Council : Planning & Environment
A view of the West wall of the derelict Hurlet Works, Glenfuir Road, Falkirk. This view shows most of the ruins of the building with modern housing in the background.
See full details
"The Hurlet Chemical Works were opened on 1851 and in 1862 changed hands and became known as the Hurlet and Campsie Alum Company. It ceased work in 1901".
Ref "Camelon Some Historical Notes", ISBN 0 9502250 , Falkirk Public Library; p6; Alex Howson.