Falkirk Museums. Oral History records
Cassette tapes and sound recordings of oral history interviews, compiled for exhibitions on munitions and women's lives; and compiled during Manpower Services Commission funded schemes researching local industries (ironfounding, dockyards and brickmaking).
Falkirk Museums was first established by Falkirk Town Council as Falkirk Burgh Museum in 1926. It went into abeyance in the 1960s and then was re-established in 1972. After local government re-organisation a service was established for the whole district with museums at Falkirk (1975), Kinneil (1977) and Grangemouth (1979) and Museum Stores in Grangemouth (1978?). In 1994 Falkirk Museum was re-located to Callendar House. In 1996 the remit was formally extended to include the archives service for Falkirk Council.