Falkirk Museums. Exhibition records

Primary maker
Falkirk Museums
Production date
Circa 1980-1998
Description
Research notes, text and mounted photos, pamphlets, press and publicity, sound recordings, plans for replicas and other records. Relates to selected exhibitions and permanent exhibitions.

Object Detail


Name/title notes
Falkirk Museums was first established by Falkirk Town Council as Falkirk Burgh Museum in 1926. It went into abeyance in the 1960s and then was re-established in 1972. After local government re-organisation a service was established for the whole district with museums at Falkirk (1975), Kinneil (1977) and Grangemouth (1979) and Museum Stores in Grangemouth (1978?). In 1994 Falkirk Museum was re-located to Callendar House. In 1996 the remit was formally extended to include the archives service for Falkirk Council.
Level of current record
Series
Primary maker
Production date
Circa 1980-1998
Measurements
60 items
Archives finding aids
This catalogue entry provides a summary of this series. Please use the search tools on the Collections Browser to look for information about individual items in this collection.
Restriction
Open - no restriction on access
Accession number
A152/S12

Share

Group record