Polmont Old Parish Church

Primary maker
Polmont Old Parish Church
Production date
1728-1964
Description
Session minutes, 1728-1932; Accounts, 1884-1915; Accounts of William Thorburn, mason, 1834-1868, Baptisms, 1857-1862; Proclamations, 1878-1919; papers relating to the building of new church and other papers

Object Detail


Name/title notes
Polmont Parish was disjoined from Falkirk by the Commissioners of Teinds on 22 July 1724. In 1929 with the union of the Church of Scotland and the United Free Church of Scotland, the congregation took the name Polmont North Church. The name Polmont Old was adopted in 1977 when Polmont South changed its name to Brightons Parish Church. Redding and Westquarter was run as a church extension charge from Polmont North. Linked with Shieldhill from 10 September 1961 to1 November 1963.
Level of current record
Collection
Production date
1728-1964
Measurements
205 items (1.22m)
Archives finding aids
This catalogue entry provides a summary of the whole collection. Please use the search tools on the Collections Browser to look for information about individual items in this collection.

You can also see a catalogue of the items in this collection on our website. http://www.falkirkcommunitytrust.org/heritage/archives/finding-aids/churches.aspx
Restriction
Access restriction
Restriction notes
Lair certificates restricted for 75 years under Data Protection Act. Other records previously restricted for 30 years but restriction now expired
Accession number
CH2/1134

Share