Lighthouse, St Abbs

Maker
John Peat Munn
Production date
Aug 1937
Description
Text on negative envelope reads 'St Abbs. Lighthouse with stair down'. View down a flight of steps and the light.
See full details

Object Detail


Department
Production date
Aug 1937
Subject place
Subject notes
The construction of lighthouses on the Scottish coast from 1787 by the Northern Lighthouse Board improved navigation and marine safety. The St Abbs Lighthouse was established in 1862. It was built by David and Thomas Stevenson, members of the great family of lighthouse engineers. It sits 68 metres above near the sea at the top of cliffs.
Accession number
P38493