Connel Bridge, Loch Etive, Argyll

Maker
John Peat Munn
Production date
Aug 1951
Description
Text on negative envelope reads 'Connel Ferry (Loch Etive Tour). View looking east up Loch Etive through the cantilever of the bridge. The rail track can be seen, showing two rails bolted together using a fishplate.
See full details

Object Detail


Department
Production date
Aug 1951
Subject notes
The bridge was built to carry the Ballachulish branch line from the Oban to Glasgow line. Between trains, it was open to road traffic which drove over wooden boards fitted between the rail lines. A toll was charged by the railway company. Traffic was controlled by lights. It is now purely a road bridge.
Accession number
P39225

Colours


Share