Buckie, Moray

Maker
John Peat Munn
Production date
Aug 1955
Description
Text on negative envelope reads 'Buckie. Harbour & lighthouse'. View of a fishing boat leaving the harbour. The Buckie lifeboat station is behind it. A second boat is tied up. Both carry the Buckie registration letters of BCK.
See full details

Object Detail


Department
Production date
Aug 1955
Subject place
Subject notes
Buckie became the premier herring fishing port in Scotland, served by rail until 1968 by which time road transport had taken over for the transport of fish. It has a large harbour and a boat building and repair yard. The 'Buckie Drifter' heritage centre presents the industry's history. Buckie Lifeboat Station was established in 1860. Lifeboats are brought to Buckie for maintenance.
Accession number
P39759

Colours


Share