Findhorn, Moray

Maker
John Peat Munn
Production date
Jun 1957
Description
Text on negative envelope reads 'Findhorn. Findhorn Estuary. Salmon fishing boats anchored'. View along the shore of Findhorn Bay. There are open clinker-built boats drawn up on the beach, one with a mast and sitting on a trolley. A line of similar boats is moored offshore.
See full details

Object Detail


Department
Production date
Jun 1957
Subject place
Subject notes
Findhorn was at one time the port for Forres and Elgin. An earlier village and the fertile land around it were engulfed by the Culbin sands and in 1701 its replacement was washed away by floods.
Accession number
P40007

Colours


Subject category


Share