Waugh's Mill, Avonbridge

Maker
Unknown
Production date
1910
Description
Five men stand on a loading platform outside a stone-built building with a slate roof. In front of them is a cart drawn by two horses, loaded with sacks. Another horse and cart is waiting to be loaded.
See full details

Object Detail


Department
Maker
Production date
1910
Subject notes
The building is one of two mills in Avonbridge belonging to J & A Waugh. It milled corn and oats and was located on the north bank of the River Avon from which it would obtain power from a water-wheel.

WAUGHS OF EDINBURGH
Accession number
P16468

Colours


Share