Early 20th Century
The L-plan tower had a vaulted ground and top storeys and chapel on the second floor. It is now surrounded by an industrial estate, formerly a brickworks. Haining Castle was built by the Crawfords. It passed to the Livingstons in 1565, who changed its name to Almond Castle in 1641. After Livingston's support for the Jacobite Uprising of 1715 the estate was forfeited and the castle fell into disuse.