Person

Name
Watson, John & Son
Biography
Alexander Gibb was manager of Watson's shop c 1900. Watson later took over Barraclough's premises. The building in Falkirk High St. was occupied by both J Watson & Son, bootmakers, and also W W Hope, clothier.

The building at 121 High Street, Falkirk was used by Bonnie Prince Charlie and his trusted friend, the Chief of Glengarry. In 1829 Mr John Johnstone established a bootmaking business in the premises and held a leading place for 70 years. The business was then owned by H B Watson still at 121 High Street, Falkirk c1956.

Share

Objects made by this person

Objects with this person as a subject