Person

Name
Bo'ness Burgh
Biography
Bo'ness (Borrowstounness) was created a Burgh of Regality in 1668, a Burgh of Barony in 1748 and a Police Burgh in 1883. The Burgh was incorporated in 1903. Local government originated with the Bo'ness Harbour Trustees in 1744. The Trustees became Town and Harbour Trustees in 1843 with enlarged powers. In 1883 the Trustees were replaced by Police and Burgh Commissioners who were in turn replaced in 1903 by Bo'ness Town Council. In 1975 Bo'ness and the surrounding area became part of Falkirk District. Previously the surrounding area had been part of the County of West Lothian.

Share

Objects made by this person

Objects with this person as a subject

Objects associated with this person