Person

Name
Bo'ness Kinneil Parish Church
Biography
Pre-reformation parish belonged to the Abbey of Holyrood. Kinneil was the original parish for the Bo'ness area from the medieval period. The people of Bo'ness built a new church in 1634-36 and petitioned for a separate parish, granted by Act of Parliament in 1649. In 1669 the changes in population meant that Kinneil Parish was no longer viable, and the two parishes were re-united as Bo'ness Parish by Act of Parliament, 23 Dec 1669

Share

Objects with this person as a subject

Objects associated with this person