Person

Name
Wilson & Tait
Biography
The partnership of Wilson & Tait was formed in 1903 between David A Tait and Henry Wilson with offices in Grangemouth. The partnership ended in 1937 on the retirement of David Tait.

Wilson & Tait appear to have briefly had an office in Edinburgh at 122 George Street from about 1913-15. Presumably this was to to enable them to undertake a particular job in the city but this has not yet been traced. They also had a branch office in Jedburgh in the mid-1930s, presumably to oversee projects there.

In 1937 when Tait retired, Henry Wilson merged his practice with that of Strang & Wilson, James Strang also having retired in that year, the combined practice of Wilson & Wilson being now based in Strang's office at 39 Vicar Street, Falkirk.
[Source: Dictionary of Scottish Architects, accessed 22 Nov 2012 http://www.scottisharchitects.org.uk/ ]

Share

Objects made by this person

Objects with this person as a subject

Objects associated with this person