Person

Name
Bo'ness Town & Harbour Trustees
Biography
Bo'ness Town & Harbour Trustees were set up under an Act of 1843 to replace the Bo'ness Harbour Trustees, with authority to levy duties and deal with street repairs, lighting and other town matters as well as the repair and maintenance of the harbour. The 1843 Act also set a period of service and a qualification for election and electors.
The Borrowstounness Town and Harbour Act 1875 repealed previous acts and set up a new body of Trustees. The Borrowstounness Town and Harbour (Amendment) Act 1878 transferred the harbour undertakings to the Borrowstounness Harbour Commissioners and authorised them to borrow £185,000 from the North British Railway Co. The Borrowstounness harbour Act 1883 authorised the Harbour Commissioners to build additional works and to borrow a further £50,000 from the North British Railway Co. This led subsequently to the provisions in the North British Railway (General Powers) Act 1900 where the harbour was taken over by the North British Railway Co.
The Town & Harbour Trustees were replaced in 1883 by Bo'ness Police & Burgh Commissioners when the town became a Police Burgh by the adoption of the 1862 Police & General Improvement Act.

Share

Objects made by this person

Objects with this person as a subject

Objects associated with this person