Royal Scottish National Hospital
Established by the Society for the Education for Imbecile Youth in Scotland which was founded in 1859, raised funds and purchased land at Larbert in 1861, and built school by 1864. Named Scottish National Institution for the Education of Imbecile Children. Re-named Royal Scottish National Institute in 1916. In 1948 taken over by the National Health Service and operated by Western Regional Hospital Board. Re-named Royal Scottish National Hospital in early 1970s.