Person

Name
Bo'ness Old Parish Church
Biography
By 1643 a church had been erected in Bo’ness, within the quoad omnia parish of Kinneil and in 1649 the parish of Bo'ness was disjoined from the parish of Kinneil by Act of Parliament. In 1669 the two parishes were re-united as a quoad omnia parish with the name of Bo'ness Parish. The congregation took the name Bo'ness Old Parish Church in 1929 following the union of the United Free Church and the Church of Scotland.

The Church of Scotland kirk session for Bo'ness sat within the presbytery of Linlithgow and the synod of Lothian and Tweeddale until 1929, when it became part of the presbytery of Linlithgow and Falkirk. In 1976 it became part of the presbytery of Falkirk.

The old parish church in Corbiehall was erected in 1636-38 and alterations made in 1672, 1776 and 1820. The present church building on Panbrae Rd was built in 1885.

Share

Objects made by this person

Objects with this person as a subject

Objects associated with this person