Millar, James K, Ltd
Manufacturers of precast concrete. The firm of James K Millar Ltd was founded by James Kinghorn Millar who was a plasterer and slater. He retired in 1912 and died in 1918 and his son, James Kinghorn Millar, an architect with A&W Black, Falkirk, took over the business. James K Millar jnr died in 1928 and his two sons, Dan and John, developed the business to concentrate on precast concrete products. The business became a limited company in 1933 and moved into Parkhouse Works in 1935 and added Summerford Works in 1946. In the 1960s the company had two factories at Parkhouse and Summerford covering 21 acres. A Contracts Dept designed and erected precast structural frames to individual requirements for warehouses, factories, farms, halls and so on.